When designing a business website, the first question is “can your visitor find the main objective of the tour site in a few seconds?”. Web design must answer, essential for your site success. The site must provide an easy to navigate the menu. Great business must be represented by a great site, with perfect web design. It is difficult to plan a site from the beginning to meet all necessary performance requests.
Create a plan before starting the design
To ensure a perfect journey for your site visitors, imagine how they will navigate from the home page to the page where he will buy the product or service you offer.
In this phase, you must plan which pages to visit, which content to create and the offers your visitor will consider. You also need to make the visitor more curious about the products and services your site offers, to guide him step by step to the purchasing page.
You need to find out how a visitor becomes a customer; try to interview a customer if possible, try to find the characteristics of your traditional customers. Use all the info you have and establish a strategy. The web design is essential for this step.
Eliminate unnecessary page and info
Every web designer wants to make the site as complicated as possible, creating more and more pages and adding more and more content. You need to eliminate long content, pictures or videos with no significant meaning, unclear expressions, and terms, jargon, everything that makes the pages hard to read and understand. Overused expressions, such as “easy to use,” or “Cutting Edge” must be removed too.
Media and call-to-action
- Include social media buttons (follow and share). Social media brings high traffic, worldwide exposure. Web design plays the central role here too; place the buttons to make them visible, bright and beautiful colored. These small buttons can increase your traffic spectacularly.
- Calls-to-Action is guiding the visitors to the appropriate pages. No misplaced buttons! Your web design must also nurture the visitor with essential info to make him click on the call-to-action button. Read and re-read your pages; if there is only one call-to-action button, place more on your pages. You can set a call-to-action button to give more info about your product or service. You, visitors, can have a chance to download a sample of your work or watch a video and most important, see the prices.
- Appropriate web design for best images. Your audience must see the right images, not too many and not too large. Never use pictures randomly taken from the internet. Include only photos of real people involved in your activity or photographs of your products. Fake images will lead to lack of confidence.
- Navigation is the key to success. The sitemap is the best way to facilitate smooth and effective navigation. Visitors will find what they need to know with a minimum effort. A responsive web design, a correct hierarchy of your pages, will increase the visitors’ number. An intro video is often useful and creates trust. A testimonial page will give a real image of your products and services quality.
- High-class SEO services are a must. Relevant content, videos, e-books, blogs, and relevant keywords will bring in more visitors.
- Use web design tools to improve your site performances. Google tools can be successfully used. Identify broken links, missing pages, content with no significant information. Never forget to update your website content, to keep it as high as possible on visitors researches.